Friday, August 8, 2008

Welcome to the First Official Blog of
PayMyMom.Com

My name is Nancy Goodman Iland and I am a proud single mom of a beautiful 10-year-old boy named Jared and a desert tortoise named Mr. T. We live in Los Angeles, California, where I have lived my whole life, that’s right a true native… there are very few of us living here, as L. A. is known to be a melting pot of immigrants from all over the world. We live right in the heart of the city between downtown and the beach in a 1930’s Art Deco duplex on a quite street, a style that I truly love- I must have lived in this era in a past life, because I honestly truly love the Art Deco style, so much so that when I got married I had a 1930’s theme for my wedding.

By trade I am a free-lance Food Stylist for TV and Film~ This is my Dream Job!!!
What is a Food Stylist you ask? Well, when you see the actors eating food on a show, say like a breakfast scene and there is a family is sitting around the table eating eggs and bacon… I make the food you see them eating.

I have also produced several short movies and commercial concepts and this past year I also filmed a pilot for a television show starring ME! It is in editing as we speak and when it is ready I will take it around the to the TV studios and sell it to the highest bidder! So eventually you will see me hosting my own show!!!

I know it all sounds so Glamorous, I get to be on the sets of our favorite TV shows and movies and I get to work up close and personal with the Stars, which is totally cool!

My job definitely has its ups and downs, the ups are it gives me time to be with my son. For the summer I get him every other week, so for my week with him we are doing stay-cations, where we stay home and act like tourists in our own backyard! Taking day trips, camping at the beach and spending time with friends and family! We are having a Blast!

The down side of free-lance is that I only work when there is food on a show, which right now has been about once every two weeks, and we have another strike threat at the moment from the Screen Actors Guild. It is a really good thing that I am a Jackie-of-all-trades and am spontaneous in nature.
I realized that I needed an additional income stream. I still want to food style and be home to take care of Jared so I thought a home based business would be the best. I tested out a lot of MLM and networking companies and found that the compensation plans are not very good for the amount of work you have to do, like prospect every person you meet and have meetings at your home, by the time I finished my day I was working 8 – 10 hour a day. Too Much!

I then got a call from one of my best friends who told me about this new company, he was so impressed with it because not only is the compensation plan so amazing, I do not have to prospect, I do not have to sell, I do not have to tell or have home meetings in the evenings, they do 90% of the work for you, all I have to do is market the biz and drive traffic to my website. After checking it all out and researching this company, I signed up immediately! And I love it!!!
They give me unlimited training, we mastermind together and people in this biz share with each other and pay it forward. I also love that even though I am working at home I don’t feel like I am an island and working by myself. I have made many new friends who I have fun talking to!

If you would like to have an additional income too! ….Go to:

No comments: